Galliford Try A45/A46 Tollbar Improvement Scheme Bulletin
Edition: February 2016
- We have recently commenced remedial work to the concrete supports at Tollbar East bridge. The work is being undertaken at night to due to day time height restrictions in the vicinity of the airport and to minimise disruption to traffic.
- Repairs are also continuing to the West bridge supports.
- During December last year, two lanes of the westbound A45 Stonebridge Highway opened; work is progressing well to open the road to three lanes by the end of February.
- We hosted a business forum at our site office on 28 January for local employers to hear more about our works to date and next steps. A similar forum for Councillors took place on 2 February.
- We recently had a visit to site by the Rt Honourable Jeremy Wright QC MP We delivered a presentation on the scheme, followed by a site tour.
- This month we held a visit for Civil Engineering students from Warwick University, who had an opportunity to visit the works on site, as well as talking to members of the project team. We welcome such tours as a way of strengthening ties with the next generation of engineers and designers.
- Coventry Job Centre Plus recently held a one day induction course at our skills centre for unemployed people interested in a Civil Engineering course. Fourteen candidates attended and have been accepted for a month’s training in February.
- Galliford Try are now sponsoring the Four Masters Gaelic Football team based in Coventry, and we feel proud to be able to assist young people playing this increasingly popular sport.
If you have any concerns or wish to comment about the project you can contact the project Public Liaison Officer Alan Jones on 0800-028-5199 or firstname.lastname@example.org